BSB40215 – Certificate IV in Business
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts. They apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others
Students are required to complete 10 Units of Competency for this qualification. There is 1 core unit and 9 elective units in this qualification.
BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
BSBITS401 Maintain business technology
BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Duration / Completion
Duration of qualification depends greatly on student as there is no minimum time frame. All students will however have a maximum of 24 months to complete their qualification
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for fee details.
There is no set course commencement dates meaning individuals can enroll and commence their chosen course at any time
- Develop work priorities and coordinate business resources within a safe and sustainable work environment
- Analyse and present research information
- Facilitate teamwork and establish business networks
- Report on financial activity and prepare financial reports
- Promote innovation and change
- Manage projects and write complex documents
- Develop marketing activities to promote products and services and ensure customer retention
Job Roles / Career
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Project Officer
- Sales Account Assistant
- Sales Agent
There are no formal prerequisites required to enter the BSB40215 – Certificate IV in Business. However, prior to commencement of training the student in a pre-training interview must be assessed as meeting the following criteria:
- All students must be the age of 18 or over at the time of applying for admission.
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course.
- Mature age students will also be considered without the minimum education requirements but with relevant work experience within chosen area of study and a demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements. A minimum of 5 years supervision experience would normally be expected but each case will be reviewed individually with relevant work experience evidenced by work reference letter on company letterhead, work samples and curriculum vitae submitted will be considered.
- Successful completion of LLN test, recommended entry at ACSF level 3.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT)
Students may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) by providing evidence that they have the required skills and knowledge in the specific areas of competency through work /industry experience and/or completed eligible assessments in an equivalent or higher qualification. Appropriate credit transfer may be granted to eligible students against each unit of competency on evidence to successful completion of the same unit in an equivalent or higher nationally endorsed qualification. Students with credit transfers or recognition of prior learning will finish the course in a shorter duration and are advised to consult appropriate authorities/bodies for applicable criteria if they are planning further study or stay in Australia
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit. (Source: AQF)
Credit transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of a qualification based on identified equivalence in content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications. (Source AQF)
Pathways into the Qualification
- BSB30112 Certificate III in Business or other relevant qualification/s
Pathways from the Qualification
- a range of Diploma level qualifications within the BSB07 Business Services Training Package, or other Training Packages.
On successful completion of this course the student would be awarded BSB40215 – Certificate IV in Business which is nationally recognised qualification. This could help student gain entry into career paths or higher education in Business stream. Students who do not complete all units may be eligible for a Statement of Attainment in partial completion of a BSB40215 – Certificate IV in Business
How to Apply
- Download the Student Enrollment Form, then complete and send it with the necessary documents by post or email.
- Complete the Online Application Form and attach the necessary documents.
- Visit our RTO and then apply directly.
For additional information about how to apply for this program, please contact office.