BSB30115 – Certificate III in Business
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply a broad range of competencies in a varied work context using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
Students are required to complete 12 Units of Competency for this qualification. There is 1 core unit and 11 elective units in this qualification.
BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
BSBITU309 Produce desktop published documents
BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
BSBFLM312 Contribute to team effectiveness
BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records
BSBADM302 Produce texts from notes
BSBITU201 Produce simple word processed documents
BSBITU304 Produce spreadsheets
Duration / Completion
Duration of qualification depends greatly on student as there is no minimum time frame. All students will however have a maximum of 24 months to complete their qualification
Please contact email@example.com for fee details.
There is no set course commencement dates meaning individuals can enrol and commence their chosen course at any time
- Design, prepare and produce word processed documents
- Plan and prepare spreadsheet design including formatting, formulae and charts
- Use the internet and email as a business tool
- Prepare, create and finalise PowerPoint presentations
- Participate in Work Health and Safety consultative processes, conduct safety audits, access and research WHS legislation
- Identify customer needs, deliver a service and develop the skills and knowledge required to handle customer feedback and complaints
- Organize own work schedules and develop a time management system to manage schedules
- Work effectively with others and identify sensitive responses to, and interactions with, all manner of diversity that might be encountered within the workplace
- Development of keyboard skills.
Job Roles / Career
- Customer service adviser
- Data entry operator
- General clerk
- Payroll officer
- Word processing operator
There are no formal prerequisites required to enter the BSB30115 – Certificate III in Business. However, prior to commencement of training the student in a pre-training interview must be assessed as meeting the following criteria:
- All students must be the age of 18 or over at the time of applying for admission.
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course.
- Mature age students will also be considered without the minimum education requirements but with relevant work experience within chosen area of study and a demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements. A minimum of 5 years supervision experience would normally be expected but each case will be reviewed individually with relevant work experience evidenced by work reference letter on company letterhead, work samples and curriculum vitae submitted will be considered.
- Successful completion of LLN test, recommended entry at ACSF level 3.
Pathways into the Qualification
- BSB20112 Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualification
Pathways from the Qualification
- BSB40212 Certificate IV in Business, or a range of other Certificate IV qualifications.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT)
Students may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) by providing evidence that they have the required skills and knowledge in the specific areas of competency through work /industry experience and/or completed eligible assessments in an equivalent or higher qualification. Appropriate credit transfer may be granted to eligible students against each unit of competency on evidence to successful completion of the same unit in an equivalent or higher nationally endorsed qualification. Students with credit transfers or recognition of prior learning will finish the course in a shorter duration and are advised to consult appropriate authorities/bodies for applicable criteria if they are planning further study or stay in Australia
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit. (Source: AQF)
Credit transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of a qualification based on identified equivalence in content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications. (Source AQF)
On successful completion of this course the student would be awarded BSB30115 – Certificate III in Business which is nationally recognised qualification. This could help student gain entry into career paths or higher education in Business stream. Students who do not complete all units may be eligible for a Statement of Attainment in partial completion of a BSB30115 – Certificate III in Business.
How to Apply
- Download the Student Enrolment Form, then complete and send it with the necessary documents by post or email.
- Complete the Online Application Form and attach the necessary documents.
- Visit our RTO and then apply directly.
For additional information about how to apply for this program, please contact office.
BSBADM311A Maintain business resources
BSBCUS301B Deliver and monitor a service to customers
BSBWHS302A Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace